Ballistics Software and Calculators and Tools
Heres a collection of bullet ballistic's software, calculators and spreadsheets. Some are free while others are demo's and trials that require payment to continue using the product beyond its trial period. Theres even apps for the iPhone, iPod, Palm and Windows Mobile
- Winchester Ballistic Calculator - Winchesters' award winning ballistics calculator is considered the most advanced ballistics calculator on the market, using cutting-edge technology to provide ballistics information for shooters and hunters.
The Winchester Ballistics Calculator allows users to choose their type of ammunition and compare up to five different bullet types with easy to read and high-tech ballistic charts and graphs. Enter specific conditions like wind speed and outside temperature, adjust zero marks for sighting in and print out the ballistics of your favorite load.
- Federal 2009 Interactive Ballistics Catalog - The 2009 edition of this award winning software package is a quick and free download; for use even if you're not online.
- Remington Shoot! Ballistics Software - Generate powerful ballistics reports and graphs, compare two different Remington factory loads and more with Remington Shoot!, an interactive ballistics software program from Pinsoft Software. Includes current and recent factory loads.
- iSnipe - Ballistcs software for the iPhone and iPod - iSnipe is the original ballistics calculator for the iPhone and iPod touch. Using the otherwise unavailable Direkon Ballistics Library, iSnipe generates incredibly accurate 3-DOF solutions for small arms trajectories, including corrections for pitch, yaw, wind and weather conditions. Simply put; a ballistics computer is a calculator used to predict a bullets path / energy / wind-drift / etc… For shooting enthusiasts, this means the ability to pre-determine how, where and at what speeds your bullets will fly, before you even load your gun. Created with ease of use in mind, iSnipe is the perfect companion for any gun aficionado, competition shooter, or even law-enforcement officer... It's just that accurate. With all the ingredients you'd expect from a portable ballistics calculator, including the ability to save and load ballistic profiles, automatic save of form values and all the other features you'd expect from an integrated iPhone app, there is no better way to get on target every time. Finally there is a portable desktop quality application that we can all take along with us to the range.
- TAS Ballistics Calculator - The Tactical Adjustment System, The TAS is the result of many years' effort to produce a simple, easy to use system for rifle shooters that could guarantee accuracy with each and every round. Make no mistake about it - the TAS is almost 'awe inspiring' in its accuracy - across all calibers up to and including .50 cal bmg and all achieved using TAS with NO Batteries, NO Electronics and NO Software. TAS is set to become a standard item of equipment to be found at every competition and firing point - you won't need printed charts or flimsy paper notes that fly down-range in that sudden gust of wind - instead, your TAS, produced to your own rifle/round combination, will take care of just about every factor in that shooting equation, accurately, quickly and effectively.
- JBM Ballistics
- Ballistic - Ballistic is the leading ballistics trajectory calculator for the iPhone. Ballistic calculates trajectory, windage, velocity, energy, and bullet flight time for any valid range, and can compensate for atmospheric conditions such as temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, and altitude. It's also much more than a basic trajectory calculator. With a vast library of over 1,500 projectiles and over 1,400 factory loads, range estimation calculator, GPS and atmosphere awareness, full size charts, and a functional range log, Ballistic is a complete mobile companion for hunting or at the range.
-This site is designed for the reloader or serious shooting sportsman who is interested in the ballistics behind the loads being developed. On this site, you will be able to compare weapons, cartridges, targets, and atmospheric conditions. As many as 8 loads can be compared graphically at any one time. Changes can be made to existing loads, or new loads can be created and saved for later retrieval.
- RodBall Small Arms Ballistics Calculator - RodBall is an exterior ballistics program for serious varmint shooters, big-game hunters, benchrest competitors, long-range target shooters, and other shooting enthusiasts. It was developed by A. E. (Rod) Wiederin.
- Hornady Ballistics Calculator
- Hornady Guide to Exterior Ballistics
- NightForce Ballistics Program
- Field Firing Solutions - Field Firing Solutions & Precision Shooter's Workbench, Long Range Ballistic Software Tools. Print scope calibration chart, zeroing targets, and condensed field card (suitable for placing in scope eyepiece cap), and complete trajectory data. Selectable data columns; include data columns in English and/or Metric. Real-time field firing solutions utilizing current pressure (station or barometric), temperature, humidity, wind velocity, target range and velocity, and shot angle. Same powerful ballistic computation engine as used in desktop program
- Pejsa Ballistics - The advanced novel methods devised by Arthur Pejsa permit air drag to be modeled precisely by simple, exact formulas for unheard-of precision. The software program computes trajectories, velocity, flight time, wind deflection, etc. with near-perfect accuracy. Other programs assume a fixed drag curve, usually that prescribed by the popular Ingalls Tables, which poorly fit the drag curves of modern, streamlined projectiles. With the Pejsa Ballistics program, velocity and drag data can be matched, permitting unequaled precision. With this program, shooters may, for instance, specify any hit height at any range or a maximum height at midrange. Output data may be in tables or plotted as curves. Ballistic coefficients, recoil, midrange, etc. may be computed as well as effects of temperature, altitude and inclines. This superior program is user-friendly, complete and, above all, ACCURATE enough to serve as the reference for evaluating other formulas and programs.
- Beartooth Bullets External Ballistics Calculator
- Big Game Info - Online Ballistics Calculators
- WinLoad, WinGyro are based on a pair of programs that were originally written in Basic but have now been updated to run with MS-Windows. WinLoad' will calculate a load and suggest a suitable powder based on the data that you input, and WinGyro' will calculate the Stability Factor for a given bullet/rifling twist rate.
- Excel Marksman
- Shoot! Ballistics Software - Shoot! calculates the necessary information to turn your gun/ammo combination into a sharp shooting outfit YOU will be confident using with every shot. You will easily understand how your favourite reload or factory ammo performs out to 200 or 1000 yards using Shoot! ballistics software. Knowledge of how your gun and ammunition performs is the key to consistent, accurate shooting.
- BalCal 6.2 - BalCal 6.2 is a combination exterior ballistics and hunter/sniper training program.
- Load From A Disk Ballistics Software
- Load From a Disk is the most complete ballistics program available. It calculates the powder charge for ANY rifle and estimates the resulting velocity and pressure with unbelievable accuracy. It calculates the trajectories for up to three different bullets on the same graph. You can also determine the ballistic coefficient for any bullet from bullet shape, velocity, or trajectory or determine the optimum rifling twist to stabilize a bullet. It includes a comprehensive bullet database of nearly 2000 bullets. It works in both english and metric units.
- Perry's Exbal Ballistic Calculator Software - Exbal is for long distance shooters: tactical, military, law enforcement, varmint hunters, and target shooters, It accurately determines where your bullet will go in relation to line of sight. It performs rigorous three dimensional motion equation calculations that account for air resistance, gravity, and wind drift. Exbal can utilize multiple ballistic coefficients needed to characterize high efficiency target and boat-tail bullets such as the Sierra MatchKing. You can specify one set of atmospheric conditions for sight in, and another set for a different range or hunting location.
- Ballisic Explorer - Ballistic Explorer is the finest exterior ballistics software on the market and the only external ballistics software you need.
Whether hunting, target shooting, or competition shooting you need to know the ballistic performance of your factory ammo or handloads all the way to the target, and only full featured ballistics software can give you the answers you need.
Proven accuracy -- Anyone can claim their software is accurate, but Ballistic Explorer is proven accurate in real world conditions. If accurate real world ballistics are important to you, then you should be using Ballistic Explorer.
With Ballistic Explorer you can calculate downrange data for virtually any load and set of conditions. Problems that, just a decade ago, would have required the knowledge of an expert ballistician can easily be solved by anyone using Ballistic Explorer. Power and ease of use are the hallmark of Ballistic Explorer.
Ballistic Explorer has been on the market since 1988, and through many versions, it has evolved from the low resolution monochrome displays of that time to the sophisticated Windows interface of today. Yet many of the fundamental features of that 1988 program are still evident in the newest version. These features have withstood the test of time because they are what users wanted then and still want today.
- KAC Bullet Flight - Knight's Armament BulletFlight is a military-grade ballistic computer that provides quick solutions in the field. BulletFlight does not output information in table format but rather dynamically gives you the solution you need now to make that shot. Current weather conditions including temperature, pressure, humidity, wind speed, and wind direction can be input, as well as angles to the target as measured by the built-in accelerometer. The app then provides highly detailed solutions out to 3000 meters. Your weapon profile includes your scope MOA/mRad per click, and hence when you provide a range to the target, the app will simply show how many clicks you need to change the scope by for that range and wind speed. Up to five ballistic coefficients with corresponding velocity thresholds may be used for each profile to enhance accuracy, or use a single G1, G7, or G8 value. Several built-in profiles for the Army's M110 semi-automatic precision rifle, the 14.5 inch SR16 rifle, The 50 BMG M107, .308 M40A3, .308 M24, and the 6.5mm KAC PDW allow you to get started quickly. You may alter these profiles, or add new ones. This app is currently in combat use by military snipers in Iraq and Afghanistan.